Saturday, January 1, 2011

House Update 1/1/11

Well - ALLIANT ENERGY - FINALLY - Decided to come to put the electricity into our developement - 4 1/2 weeks late - but hey, we now have full power and a meter!


This was the last major hurtle! We should be able to close on the house by Jan 28th!

Here are the house pictures - the painter came in to paint - but a couple of rooms I wanted a different color.....so I painted the main bath...


Here is the warm carmel color that I picked for the whole house! I love it!




Hannah and Lauren wanted their room to be blue and brown - so we found our textiles and then picked out the paint that matches everything ! The lamp will look great in here that Hannah got for her birthday!


I wanted an accent wall in our bedroom - So I picked out a warm brown - and in this picture the paint is still wet so there are shadows, but it looks great now!

Painting is so much fun, but when you are a perfectionist it never is that fun.....thankfully my husband knows just to leave me alone and let me fix it! We were there for 3 hours yesterday, but I got it the way that I wanted it to look. The cut in was messed up - I used tape and should never have done it - I am much better free handing it!


So here are the interior doors....they are beautiful! Our trim is going to be a dark chocolate color and the doors are white. I love the style!


Morgan's door and the front hall closet....


Morgan's room is filled with ceramic flooring, bi-fold doors, light fixtures, and the kitchen cabinets!

Here is the bamboo flooring for the main areas of the house! It will be wonderful to see that layed next week....


Hannah and Lauren's room is filled with the trim and the doors that are waiting for the floor to be laid!

I will be taking pictures and posting as it comes about! Keep checking back!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

House is looking SO "REAL!" the paint looks great. If you want me to make you a blog banner with your family pictures, email them to me and I will put something together for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Looking real good!! You have good taste, all the same colors as in my house;) Isn't that funny...and we're really not related by blood. Everything looks beautiful, we are very excited for all of you. Love the picture of your girls, too.
Love to all, Kate