Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkins

"You aren't a pumpkin, but all of us are something like one. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off you may have gotten from the other pumpkins."

"God is the only one who can change our heart. But in order for God to change our heart we must become open to him."

"God scoops out all the yucky stuff inside of us. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, impurity, and greed." The word of God says, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. (Ezekiel 36:25b-27).

"But if we leave a pumpkin with just the insides taken out, then it's just hollow. We need to have a light inside that will truly make us alive! Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'


"God carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."

1 comment:

teresa said...

Who wrote this? It is beautiful and I would like to share it with
people.