Friday, April 10, 2009

New Glasses Times 4

Hey everyone,

I have been a busy lady the last few days....I went to the dentist to have a new patient exam on Tuesday, again I went on Wednesday for my cleaning, and yesterday I took the girls to have their eye exams done.

A friend of mine told me about an Eye Dr Chain down in the Davenport area called America's Best...for kids you can't beat it....

Each of my kids needed a new script for their lenses...two needed less of a script and two needed increases....so the deal this place has is ....

You do not pay for the exam, buy two pairs of glasses for Less than $100 bucks, and if you want the glucoma test it is only an additional $15.....the lenses are included in the $100 for the two pairs.... you may also purchase the breakage protection plan for $15 as welll...I normally do not do insurance but I did this time...we will see if that was a good decision or not....

So, we had fun trying to find two frames that each girl liked....Marissa ended up with one glasses and we turned the other one into sunglasses for $15 more...Her daddy is not so sure the one that never wears glasses should have let her do it, but we will see how it goes...he says she could lose her clear glasses and then we will have to buy another pair....oh well, we shall see....

The really great news for us is.....our insurance pays $100 a year on lenses and frames....so after the extra exams and the sunglasses change....we will only pay $120 for all the girls' new glasses...


Praise the LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Thats great! Sounds like a good deal!