Thursday, September 17, 2009

Marissa and Morgan's Bedroom Makeover

More of the craziness of the Stangl household.....when Mark lost his job, we had to decide how much we were going to do or not do...in the end we did it all....that and the room was already half done when this happened ...so....here is the rest of the story...

Mark and I had an energy audit done on our house in July before we left for vacation....and we found out that they was little to no insulation in the bedroom sidewalls, needed more insulation in the attic and the crawl space under the bedroom had no insulation as well...so we started getting estimates from company's to blow in insulation....well we had paneling in the bedroom so we decided to remove the paneling, insulate and then drywall the room....

The cool thing is our utility company has a rebate program to pay up to 70% of the cost, so it is a good deal for us....

So here is a before picture of Marissa and Morgan's room...

Here it is ripped out down to the studs....there was some insulation, but with the cross beams in there to hold up the paneling, it only was in certain spots. This room was the coldest in the house last winter...so we are excited to see how much warmer it is this coming winter.

Here it is with the insulation installed....

I did not get a picture of the sheet rock before I painted...I was at the point of getting this done...Marissa and Morgan were sleeping on their mattresses in the basement and all of their stuff was everywhere....the mess was hard to handle with the mess of our lives as well....
Last weekend I went and got a carpet shampooer to have for our home...Mom and Stan gave us an early Christmas gift...and we used some of the money for one of the things we really needed. They have blessed us so much..and we are so greatful to their love and help and encouragement throughout this time....The carpet turned out beautiful...and this is something that we truly need to keep our house clean for Morgan and the allergies she endures....
So here is the finished product...I still am working on the doors...they are stained, but need to have a coat of Polyurethane for shine....


There are pictures ordered for the frames, but they have not arrived yet...they are pictures from our South Dakota trip....

Opa bought them their chairs....we had bought them, but do to the job loss I took them back...a couple weeks ago Opa was here and surprised them....they love them...

Doesn't it look great! The girls love their room....
In a few months (after Christmas) we will do it all over again and start Mark and I's room....and then later Hannah and Lauren's room! It will feel great to have it all done....

No comments: