Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weekend in Galena with my Mom

My mom came for a visit a couple of weeks ago...and we had a great mom and daughter weekend. She arrived on Friday night, and Mark and I had FPU...and on Saturday we got up and drove to Galena, Il. Galena is about 50 min from Maquoketa, and is a quaint little town.

We explored Galena's downtown on Saturday afternoon. We first visited President Grant's home - I will be taking the kids to Galena this fall for a field trip so I will post pictures of his house later on)

Here are some of the houses downtown...


A cool old cobblestone street/alley...


We shared an ice cream cone walking up and down the streets...



'little italy" Yummy garlic bread...I think if you ate it to often you would get sick though....

Very nice place to eat....

Mom and I....

We went back to the hotel and relaxed and went in the hot tub and read our books...
So ....Momma wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride....we had to be there at 5:30am....so when the guy said if you weren't there at 5:30 you still would be charged..... I thought what is the big deal...we want to go...at 4;30am when we got up I said to mom...I see why he said that ....It sure was hard to get up since I had hard time falling asleep since I was so excited! Mom had a hard time sleeping because she was thinking of puppy names....
It was amazing....I LOVED IT and so did mom...



Preparing the balloon....





getting ready to take off...



It was very cool up there....and kind of cold too....
A picture of the sunrise that we saw....











It truly is a bucket list thing to do....


We had a great time...I loved spending time with my momma....

No comments: