Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blessings of Marriage!

Today is Mark and I's 14th Wedding Anniversary!

The road to here...this place in our marriage was a long, and sometimes dry, hard road, one that took a lot of determination and strength....but it is one that we both would walk together all over again if we had too....

I praise God for His love and faithfulness to this Family - for His mercy and grace and His willingness to mold and grow us into the couple we are today.

Marriage truly is a gift - a treasure that unfolds over time. When we got married we were so naive and young...but time really does change who you are and your goals and priorities.

We are blessed beyond measure - we have a strong healthy marriage with four beautiful daughters...and as they grow and leave the house, our family will continue to grow....and blossom.

This is what I am grateful most for in Mark:
*My man who loves and cherishes me and our girls more than anything else - except God :)
*My husband who is loving, compassionate and quick to forgive
*My spiritual head and covering that leads me and help me become a stronger woman of God.
*The father of my children - I know I am blessed because he loves and honors me by the kind of daddy he is to them.
*My best friend, the one who truly listens and understands me...who holds me when I am sad or when I cry, and laughs with me when life is a hoot, he encourages me to not give up to stay the course....the man who holds my hand and makes me feel like I am the most important thing in his world.
*The man of God he is - I so appreciate Mark and all he does to example his love and faith - he has taught me to be a giver - to be a blessing in other peoples lives...and to trust in my heavenly Father because He will NEVER let me down.

I pray our daughters are blessed because we have chosen Covenant and Commitment to each other - I pray that they experience love and marriage to the deepest level -rooted in God -bound to Jesus - like Mark and I are experiencing.

May the Lord bless and Keep us, May His face shine upon us, and may He be gracious and merciful to this house and family.... I praise you Lord for all you have done, and all that you will continue to do.....

No comments: