Today is the anniversary of Russ Anderson's death...and the day my husband watched his best friend die.
I do not have any pictures of Russ that I can put up here.
Russ was a kind and loving, fun man, who died 11 years ago today....Russ and I shared the same birthday which is Friday March 6th....odd thing is that 11 years ago it was the same day of the week. I remember it so much because 11 years ago Mark was in Pierre, SD and just 3 days from graduating from the SD Highway Patrol - on our birthday's - Friday March 6, 1998.
Mark's mom and dad had planned on coming for the huge celebration as Russ and Mark had been friends since college, and Russ and his wife Stacey lived in Pierre. Instead of a huge party, on our birthday's we were veiwing Russ' body for the funeral the next day. Russ was just 30 Years old.
Sad story I know, but I am posting this because I wanted to remind everyone that you never know your day or hour....Live you life and enjoy it....stop and do something you always wanted to do. Don't get bogged down and have regrets later...or miss out on something that you may never get to do....
Tell the people you love....that you LOVE THEM....show it in everything you do....
Russ left a wife whom was 5 months pregnant with their first child. Mark held her when they turned the life support off. Canaan will never know his daddy on this earth...but I pray he will in Heaven. I know that Russ is waiting to finally meet his son.
Be full of joy, hope and eager to live. Life is too short not too.....
No comments:
Post a Comment