
Mark and I have been debt free (except our house) for one year....
In 2008, we survived a flood damaging stuff in our house, a sudden job lay off, a move, and buying a home....
In 2007, we were in debt for over $30,000 not including the house we owned then...
We worked hard with the help of Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace. We changed our spending habits, we worked extra jobs, we quit using our credit cards, we paid off bills one a time, we took a $25,000 hit to sell our house and we prevailed.
The class that we took and now teach from Dave Ramsey is called Financial Peace University - it is often taught in churches and some workplaces are offering it as well...You can go to Dave's web site and search for a location near you. You do not have to attend church to go to his classes. Also, there are LIVE DAVE events across the United States....FIND ONE - GO - Do NOT WAIT
IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE....YOUR KIDS' LIVES...AND PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU ARE WEIRD, but hey....I know someday I will retire. DO YOU? Dave says, "Debt is Normal, Be Weird"
Let me know if you have questions...we would love to see the power of debt free living in your lives.
Many people get income tax refunds...this is how we jump started ourselves to become debt free....
2 comments:
That is awesome. I have heard great things about Dave Ramsey. We don't have a ton of debt, but we do have some. School loans. ugh!
Keep me updated. I am interested and am talking to hubby about it.
Post a Comment